- Wear dark colors to look slimmer, more influential, and more confident. And
keep in mind, a jacket or blazer always makes you appear more professional.
- A study by Clairol reports that women who wear make-up enjoy higher salaries. It’s a reality — people who look good make more money, get promoted faster and more often, and are most likely to enjoy lifelong success.
- Think business first, casual second. Avoid dressing too casually.
- Go to work dressed every day as if it were your first day on the job.
- Consider changing hair style every 3-to-5 years and shaving beard or mustache.
- You are always better off slightly overdressed than underdressed.
- If in doubt, leave it out.
- Take pride in your appearance. You will feel better and others will respond more favorably to you.